Get a birth certificate
- To obtain a certified copy of a Birth Certificate, the record must belong to you or you must be one of the following: a legal representative, personal representative or agent, an immediate family member, or the registrant who has a direct and tangible interest in the record and who shall have a significant legal relationship to the person whose record is requested.
- The fee for a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is $23.
- You must fill out the Application for Birth or Death Certificate in full. Send in the completed and notarized form, a copy of your Driver's License for identification and the fee to the address printed on the application. If you do not have a Driver's License, contact us for a list of alternative documents that can be used for identification.
- Birth Certificates 75 years and older are open to the public.
- You may search Birth Certificates that are filed with our office here. You cannot view Birth Certificate images online.
- Our office is a remote birth site and can issue an Abstract of Birth Facts for any city or county within the state of Texas. An Abstract of Birth Facts contains the following information:
- Name, Date of Birth, Sex, Place of Birth, Father's Name, Mother's Name and Date Filed
- An Abstract of Birth Facts is not the full birth record and may not be an acceptable form of ID for some agencies.
- You may also visit the Texas Department of State Health Services website to obtain a Birth Certificate online.